Call us at our main office:
Solar Village Homes
Custom Homes & Remodels
Landowners, developers, builders, homeowners - With a custom home or remodel from Solar Village you get sustainable green design unmatched in the architecture world and most importantly you get the Solar Village Home brand. A brand quickly being recognized nationwide for:
- stunning design qualities,
- practical performance features,
- budget concious design,
- healthy and comfortable,
- increased appreciation,
- and the lowest total monthly costs (utilities + mortgage) to own a home on the market
We offer the following custom services,
pick the combination that best fits your needs:
- Discovery Services - we help you get the whole process started (scope, code details, ...)
- Site Planning - we make sure the site plan works for a solar home or addition.
- Full Architectural Services - from initial design through construction.
- Conceptual Architecture Support Services - already have an architect? - we can work with your local architect on a team effort.
- Green Consulting - we make sure the materials and systems chosen perform at the highest level and meet your budget.
- Building - with our systems built option we can offer a completely turn-key solution where we design and build your home or addition in 1/3 of the time needed for traditional onsite built homes or additions. For onsite built projects we can bring one of our general contractor partners to the team or work with the contractor you choose.
- Multi-family architecture - Solar Village also has extensive experience designing and developing multi-family or mixed use projects.
Download a Custom Architecture Brochure sheet
To get started we write up a custom services agreement, define the scope of work, and tell you the total fees to expect. If you need us to help you analyze the initial details (like home size, site locations, local fee analysis, code and zoning requirements, etc...) we can do that on an hourly basis using our discovery service agreement. The bottom line is Solar Village is one of the only architecture firms that understands the balance between cost, performance, comfort, ease of maintenance, and design with minimal compromises. A Solar Village Home or Remodel has to do more than look good, it also has to perform better, and that is what you don't get with most architects. Check out our case studies to see a sampling of our custom homes.
A custom Solar Village Home or Addition can be based on SIP (Structurally Insulated Panels), straw bale, a systems built home, or a super-insulated onsite built home or addition. A Solar Village Home or Addition must have a great design based on passive solar techniques, a very efficient heating and cooling system, use renewable power if possible, have high performance insulation and windows, and meet Energy Star Home guidelines at a minimum. A Solar Village Home can not be inefficient, unsustainable, unhealthy or a great looking place that performs terribly.
Contact us today so we can answer your questions and get you started on your dream Solar Village Home or Addition.